Why does "My Credits" show up in each person's account if I disabled paying for credi

Why does “My Credits” show up in each person’s account if I disabled paying for credits?

It shows up on the BuddyPress top bar and within each person’s profile view.

It shouldn’t show up anywhere if I’m not charging (i.e. using credits) for Classifieds, correct?

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

Brand new WP/BP install. Added Classifieds. Went through setup. Never entered anything for Credits – said I didn’t want Credits setup. And it still shows up in BP profiles, menu drop-downs, backend Classifieds section, etc.

Not cool. (because it’s confusing)

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Clifford,

You’re right, it should not be showing in that case

After doing some searching I think this may be related to another issue.

I’m flagging the developer to have a look. :slight_smile:

If it’s related to the other issue then there is a fix in the works!

Best,

Kimberly

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

I went through and looked again and the only thing I entered was the “Terms” section. I want people to agree to those terms on each posting, not just on Checkout terms. I deleted all those terms and saved and the Credits section still shows all these places that I mentioned. Thank you for fixing.

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

Updated and see this now: http://ScrnSht.com/xmeqgm

:slight_frown:

So it shows “loading” forever. If I click “My Classifieds”, it shows up fine. If I click “My Credits”, it displays as if I had credits functionality turned on.

:slight_frown:

Newly noticed issue:

-The Directory plugin’s CustomPress fields show up in the “Post New Classified” form.

-Not sure if this was since the new update or if it always was like this. I’m trying not to use Classifieds until all these are fixed (which has been disappointingly long).

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

I did just now. Good question. Answer is yes, settings are the same – nothing in the Credits fields, not even the Terms of Service text.

I gave Arnold Bailey a login from a different forum post. Let me know if anyone else needs one.

Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Clifford,

Just checking in to let you know that we have not forgotten about this and we ourselves are anxiously awaiting Arnold’s first roll-out of fixes post the previous developers reign of this potentially fantastic plugin.

Your patience has been acknowledged and is appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Clifford,

I noticed you and Arnold discussing Classifieds and BP in another thread…

Are you waiting for his update from that to fix this issue as well?

Just trying to make sure we don’t over-look or miss anything with these tickets :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Clifford,

I think Kimberly meant in terms of it being a Classifieds-BuddyPress issue. Arnold’s working on updates for all of this (quite a bit of work done already) but we can leave this open until it’s resolved. No worries :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• paidinstyle
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We are that other issue you guys mentioned in the other thread http://paidinstyle.com (social network for marketplace sellers in live beta )..

The very same exact thing is happening to us plus the forever loading part that shows up under the homepage…

This is not visible to users ( they don’t scrawl down when taken to the wrong page – homepage )..

ALL they report is being taken to homepage & some report performance issue on slower pc’s do to forever loading classifieds ….

Unless we disable it all together we are in TROUBLE because we have VIDEOS, TUTT’S explaining our solution with classifieds in it because thats what brings clarity when dealing with a lower skill base of users in need of the very solution we are providing in their case…

(any user level will be able to use it so now they also think that it may simply be something they don’t know how to use and that is a BIG FAIL for http://paidinstyle.com )

We now cant use CLASSIFIEDS, had to take all vids down, had to create a new one not mentioning classifieds,cant use content we had done to blog with for same reasons, i mean its to much as we are scared such things may happen with other plugins when such an important one is in this condition and there is no ETA which is killing me a bit because all we got was it will take:

“A BIT for buddypress ”

because thats the main problem we are having ” besides the multi user functionality “

We don’t need this to work on other blogs which we don’t allow yet as that would truly cause a huge problem, we need just our main site to function ….

You can imagine that this is not allowing us to gain some sort of security on a REAL issue .

its just that we depended and believed in it and still do but this is a very sensitive THING for us at this point after trying for about 2 weeks to fight,turn plugin off and on to test while awaiting the NEW RELEASE and it did not do anything but actually cause more problems )

the credits issue we have is the same as Clifford’s just as the other issues he reported ..

In the other thread i also added that we cant or could not manually assign credits in the last or the new release …

When its configured to give new users free credits at registration it works and if we disable it,

credit still show up just like Cliffords …

the BIG problem in that it makes the site look KIND of SHADY to users because they immediately feel that the site or their info on it is not SAFE due to the fact that they may BUY credits &

checkout is involved which like it or not, sends a signal that their $ transactions may not be safe..

thats a big no, no for us or anyone at such a stage where we made it and now need to make sure our word means something for obvious reasons…

(we are serving a lower skill market so we are getting

such remarks and members view on such things is very normal )

Its looking bad for us since we marketed classifieds depending on the fact that its a major plugin long out of beta and have functioned before on our other projects so not sure what to do at this stage during live beta thats going extremely well for us and classifieds being the only thing thats causing extreme frustration for us & users who are truing and are listing classifieds from inside their profile and ca see their own but NO ONE ELSE CAN..

One user even said we are trying to trick people until we can fix it instead of telling them the truth,lol..

i must admit its getting extremely frustrating by the hour as the fanpage is close to 5,000 fans who all want instructions which we took off the site if you notice and the worst part is we have no idea which direction to head in :

RE MARKETING and re-write all things revolving around a focal point of the solution is in no way a choice at this point and

the other way is damaging to a startup thats only weeks in soft beta and doing extremely well based on us not exposing much to anyone but our 360 members which we hold inside public and private facebook groups just to keep it quiet and spending way to much time on damage control instead of everything else as we cant seem to fade out of testing without this functionality even in a small level, to us every minute without the solution that worked before which gave us the confidence to base things around it and now its simply way to damaging as there are many other things we must do and cant until this is resolved….

please excuse the long write up, i am just a bit upset with myself…

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

@paidinstyle

Arnold understands the need for functionality between the two plugins and is working as fast as he can :slight_smile:

I am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing and understand completely! Waiting a bit for the fix is tough, however we’d rather not just bandaid the solution. It’s our goal to give a complete working fix. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.