Why does my Pop Up show only once?

Hello again... I don't know why, after configuring my plugin correctly, it is only able to show up once. That is, after clicking on the element with its selector, and closing it, clicking on the same place won't do anything. At first I thought it had something to do with the pop over options, something to do with the "Never see this message again" checkboxes, but I tried everything and it is still showing up just once. I have enabled support access. Thank you!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Pablo,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I've just checked this on your site, my test site and the code, and after checking this it's designed like this on purpose to prevent link hijacking.

But I agree that it would be a great option to have for it to show up on click multiple times, rather than requiring a page reload to show up again.

I've flagged the lead developer to see if there's any quick code edits we could make.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav

Hi,

Actually, this is the expected behavior for the current plugin implementation - the popover will be shown once per page load. For the click rule, it would make sense to allow multiple openings. I'm attaching a Beta version of the plugin with this feature added in. With the Beta installed, the "Show on click" rule will have an additional checkbox labeled "Allow multiple opening?" - checking this box will allow your popovers to be shown multiple times. Can you please give this a go and see if it helps?

• Pablo

Okay, I just tried it, and we're definitely making progress. The popover I told you earlier (number 8) is now id="PUturisticoEsp" still on page 87. When I click on its selector, the screen darkens and the close button appears on the very top left of the screen, which I now can close and open multiple times. That's working. However, I don't know why, the content of the popover does not appear. The biggest problem, I think, was when I tried activating popover number 7 with id="PUturisticoEng" whose selector was on page 655. Different popovers on different pages, but for some reason, activating one caused the other to stop working. This is a problem also, as we intend to use multiple pop overs.

Thank you again for your close attention. Cheers!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Pablo,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know why, the content of the popover does not appear.

The content of pop over (number 8) doesn't appear as you have not configured its appearance Pop Over Size, Position etc.

The biggest problem, I think, was when I tried activating popover number 7 with id="PUturisticoEng" whose selector was on page 655. Different popovers on different pages, but for some reason, activating one caused the other to stop working. This is a problem also, as we intend to use multiple pop overs.

This is because even you are using different pop overs on different pages though you are using same common selector in both pop overs resulting in pop over conflict.

To resolve this conflict either use specific unique selectors for both pop overs or use "On specific URL" condition long with "Show on user click" condition as following.

Pop over (number 7) :
    Selector :
    body.page-id-655 #PUturisticoEng
    On specific URL condition :
    http://www.cuevadelalatina.com/en/tourists/

Pop over (number 8) :
    Selector :
    body.page-id-87 #PUturisticoEng
    On specific URL condition :
    http://www.cuevadelalatina.com/programa-turistico/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Pablo

Okay, I noticed you used the "On specific URL condition", which fixes the conflicts between popovers. I thought that was the hardest part, phew for that. :slight_smile:

As to the popover sizes, however, I also noticed you used specific fixed values for size, position and margin. That works, and it makes the popups work, but what we actually want is to be able to use javascript to resize and center the popups. But, when we activate that checkbox, it works the first time it's clicked, but not the second one. Try either one of them right now, as they are. It will show up nice and centered, but the second time it is clicked it will only darken the image.

Thanks once more!

• Bina Omar

Hi,

I'm wanting the same to happen on my site when an image is being clicked. I've installed the "popover-4.5.4-BETA-4.zip" update.

When I go to my pop up page. I can click on it multiple times and the pop up will appear. But when I leave the page and return to the page again, clicking on it will no longer create the pop up.

I have the pop up function triggered by clicking on the "Set up a blog" image thumbnail here: http://www.webbriefcase.net/

As well as the same smaller image on the sidebar of my blog posts, for e.g. here:
    http://www.webbriefcase.net/tutorials/add-audio-files-wordpress-posts-pages/

How do I set it up so that clicking will create the pop up no matter what.

Warm regards,
    Bina.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.