Why does mydomain.com/registrations/ return a blank page on my WPMS/Buddypress site?

I’m running a multi-site network with Buddypress nw activated and bbPress activated on the main domain. Suddenly, my registrations page is coming up completely blank. It used to work with all the same plugins activated. I think it might have happened on one of the recent upgrades. I’ve tried deactivating Buddypress (which returns the mydomain.com/wp-signup.php page instead of the */register page. Deactivating other plugins have had no effect. I don’t want to share the URL publicly but will provide it privately upon request. I’ve firebugged it but to no avail (but I’m a blogger, not a dev my code proficiency is weak). Can you help?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @wadams92101,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you’d like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• wadams92101
    • The Crimson Coder

No quick remedies at StudioPress. They just told me to look up the error log file, which seems to missing from server. So I’m back here trying your wp-config.php debug log. I added the code snippets above (it wasn’t already in there) then tried to get the registrations page to create the error. Then I looked for the debug.log file (per the linked article) in /wp-content/ but there was no such file. What went wrong.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @wadams92101,

Could you please share me the thread link that you have started on StudioPress site?

Instead of finding out why debug file is not creating which may be a file permission issue, just add following code in wp-config.php file removing all other previously added code and show me the error messages you are getting on registration page if any by copy pasting it here.

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.