Why Does Pro Sites break my site?

I installed and network activated Pro Sites and my site becomes unreachable. Pages display but just blank. No content is shown.

This includes admin panel pages.

I've removed the plugin files for now so that I can access the site.

What is wrong? How can I diagnose the problem?

Thanks

TW

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @tinytoolbox

I hope you're well today!

If every screen, including in the admin, displays completely blank after simply activating the plugin, there was likely a simple "hiccup" in the server-to-server connection when installing the plugin on your site.

Did any error messages appear on any screens? If so, what were they exactly?

Now that you have deleted all the files, please try first deactivating all other plugins and enabling a default theme to rule out possible conflicts. Then re-install & network-activate Pro Sites again.

If that still results in blank screens, please grant support access via your WPMU DEV Dashboard as described here so we can log into your site to help you figure this out.

Thanks!

• tinytoolbox
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have granted access. I have tried reinstalling the Pro Sites plugin but to no avail.

I'm using the default 2015 theme and the only plugins that I have installed are from WPMU Dev (other than Gravity Forms but that is not the problem).

Let me know what steps I should take next.

Thanks

TW

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @tinytoolbox,

To get further information on this can you enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file and tell me if there are any errors displayed?

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Please let me know what you find.

Best regards
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.