Why does Pro Sites have an Index - Primary key error in the database table structure?

Hello,

I received a database error and when I checked the db, it said that Pro Sites cannot have blog_Id for both Index and Primary keys.

Problems with indexes of table wps_pro_sites
PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column blog_ID
More than one INDEX key was created for column blog_ID

I don't want to mess it up so I need you to tell me how to fix it. I tried a repair table but MSQL is not smart enough to fix this type of error.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Barb

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @soulfulwriter

thanks for posting.

This can be complicated or it can be simple, because sometimes those error reports dealing with the above are not errors, but depends on the database.

to fix this in your DB, yoiu would need to use your CPanels PHPMyadmin to access the database

then try running this command

DROP INDEX blog_ID ON wps_pro_sites;

I have no idea what impact that will have though, as I say this could be a DB version conflict. Many more people would be experiencing this error if it were detrimental to use. it might even be safe to ignore it.

let me ping @Barry who maybe able to offer some advice, @Aaron is away at moment, so it could be a few days before he can respond.

hope this helps

thanks.

• soulfulwriter
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much!

My hosting server has been fighting a brute force attack directed to all Wordpress sites that they host so I can't access the db yet until they win the war. I wonder why someone would be so malicious . . . .

I will correct the db table ASAP.

Kind regards,

Barb

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.