Why does the waiting time so long for WP smush PRO?

Hi there,

We just buy your premium subscription for 1 year and started with WP Smush it PRO. But now we have to wait more then 8 days after it smush?

Why does it take so long? Hope you can tell me more about it?

Kind regards,
Vincent de Vlugt

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Vincent,

Hope you're doing well today!

We just had a ton of people start using Smush Pro over from the free version. Of course, the first thing everyone does is a bulk smush, so the que is very large right now.

With that said, we know even a 1 day wait would be unexpected - we've been in the process of upgrading the Smush Pro servers for a little while now. The developer is looking into the best direction to go. I don't know much about server tech myself but apparently he has a plan that should drastically reduce the wait times in situations like this where we get a large influx of bulk smushes.

Apologies for the current wait!

In the meantime, since you have a full membership how about checking out some of our other products? You have access to all them

Perhaps Protected Content or CoursePress Pro? Create a sell online courses and/or create paid memberships to access content on your site. Just a couple suggestions - if there is any sort of functionality or feature you're looking for on your site just let us know and perhaps we have the solution for you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Vincent,

As my colleague Tyler mentioned, we've been working on improving the wait times here, and we released an update earlier today to WP Smush Pro that improves the smushing speed a lot!

If you haven't seen the update yet, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And click on the "Update Now" link at the bottom of the page (see first screenshot below).

Then, once you've updated, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And if a bulk smush is already in progress, you'll now see a prompt like the one seen in the 2nd screenshot below.

Just go through the process of resetting the smush request, and once you've done that, you'll be all set to use the new, faster API.

Kind Regards,
    Michael