Why does Uptime.com keep visiting my sites even though it is disabled?

Hello,

I am wondering why does https://uptime.com/ keep visiting the sites in My Web sites section, even though I have disabled Uptime? Does Uptime handle the Performance section as well?

Thanks,
Mike

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mike, hope you had a wonderful day.

Uptime.com is a third party paid service, so I don't have any way to know how they monitor your websites or if they handle performance section or not. I've searched through their documentation but could not find any specific information that could help in this matter.

However, can you please ask in their support HERE regarding this and let us know what they say about it? We will be glad to help if anything is required from our end.

Or in any way, are you referring to the Uptime tab in our website? Can you please confirm?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Michael
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Rupok,

In my Google Analytics I could see the site uptime.com sending traffic to [all] my sites ... so I assume that this was part of the Uptime feature within the tab of the My Web sites section of your Web site?

Is it totally unrelated?

I will send a question there as well.

Regards,
    Michael

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Michael,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

As mentioned above uptime.com is a third party service, our plugins/website doesn't make use of it, as we have our own algorithms when it comes to monitoring a website. Would recommend you to contact their support inorder to get this sorted faster.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Michael
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Nithin,

It's good to know that it's just a coincidence. I was thinking that the Uptime tab was the same as this uptime.com process that is checking the sites within the My Web sites section especially since it's only those sites (I have other sites). I have sent them a message and will let you know what they say.

Kind regards,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.