Why don't my Multisite Users have their own site after they register one?

I have activated Wordpress Multisite and allowed users to sign up and create their own site. Although they are editing the main site directly and not through their own. In fact their sub domain does not show in the URL when they are logged in. FYI, I have created a test user account and this is how I know this.

The process I used to create my site is the following:
1. Setup FlexMarket Theme.
2. Created Multisite Network
a. Pasted the proper code into WP-Config and ahtmlacess files.
3. Used adminimize plugin to control user access.
4. Used Ultimate Branding plugin to control user access.
5. Used default user plugin to set default contributor setting to all user accounts so they can upload products to sell.

Even with the atempt to block the users from access to the main site they are not able to upload from their own site at all.

Please take a look for me. I have granted access to my Dev-Support. Please let me know what I have to do to get my users to upload products from their site and not directly through the main site.

Regards,
Nicholas

• Tyler Postle

Hey Nicholas,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just signed up a site and didn't have any issues.

Are they signing up with the user registration or with the site registration?

You will want them to sign up through here for their own site:

domain.com/wp-signup.php

I was able to upload media without any issues too :slight_smile:

Let me know if you're still having any further issues here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Nicholas

Hello,

How and where do I change where my users sign up at: domain.com/wp-signup.php ?

I also changed my test user status to contributor from administer and now the test user is unable to upload products and media through the new tab. Please let me know how I enable the new tab for contributors.

I am using Adminimize and Ultimate Branding plugins. What should I block and what should I allow to enable the "New+" tab again.

I cannot allow my users to be admins because they could change the whole site. Although should they be admins of there own site rather than contributor?

Also, I wish for my users to be able to manage all the products they uploaded on the site. How can my users view all their products and sales inquiry when they wish to? Right now they can only upload the products if I set them as admins and hope to sell their products.

Thanks,
    Nicholas

• Michelle Shull

Hi Nicholas!

Let me try to tackle your issues one by one here.

How and where do I change where my users sign up at: domain.com/wp-signup.php ?

What's the URL of the page your members currently see when they sign up for a site?

I also changed my test user status to contributor from administer and now the test user is unable to upload products and media through the new tab. Please let me know how I enable the new tab for contributors.

If the test user is set to contributor, they should be able to upload media, but otherwise they will be pretty limited in what they can and can't do. They'll only be able to edit their own posts, for example, and they can't publish their own posts, an editor, admin, or super admin would need to publish posts. Contributors wouldn't be able to add pages, add items to the nav menu, view others unpublished posts, see/edit plugs or themes, or see the main dashboard.

I am using Adminimize and Ultimate Branding plugins. What should I block and what should I allow to enable the "New+" tab again.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by New+ here, do you mean Add New PAge, or Add New Post? Add New Product?

I cannot allow my users to be admins because they could change the whole site. Although should they be admins of there own site rather than contributor?

Ultimately, this depends on how much you want your site owners to be able to do on their own, and how much you want to do for them. You can customize what site owners can see or do, as you've already seen with the plugins you have.

Also, I wish for my users to be able to manage all the products they uploaded on the site. How can my users view all their products and sales inquiry when they wish to? Right now they can only upload the products if I set them as admins and hope to sell their products.

I think here, if you don't want to make site owners admins, your best bet would be to give them an Editor, or editor-like role. That will allow them to access the Media Library, Add New Products, and more, without allowing them to change anything big, like the theme or plugins.

Although I can't find the "Save" button for products anywhere. Can you please refresh me? Where is the Save Button for Products?

I'm assuming this is a setting in Adminimize or a user role editor, if I'm interpreting Ari correctly here. Support access has expired, so I can't confirm that's what he saw, but I think it's a pretty good guess. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your questions, Nicholas!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.