Why don't WPMU Membership and Headway Community Builder block get along?

When I activate Headway Community Builder (http://headwaythemes.com/extend/addon/community-builder/) and WPMU's Membership plugin at the same time it causes BuddyPress activity updates to double-post. When either one is active with the other inactive activity updates work just fine.

I really want to use both of them in tandem. Any ideas what could fix this?

I've also posted this situation on the Headway forums.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @danny_nelson

I hope you are well today.

I've never personally used Headway myself, though being a framework there could be unforeseen issues, not because framework themes are bad, rather they sometimes use non-standard ways of doing things.

Would it be possible to be able to take a look at this issue please on the live site?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Danny,

I hope you are well today.

Thanks, I have just taken an additional look, it's interesting, last time I wasn't defined as a membership admin, and the status update was posted once.

This time I defined myself as a membership admin in the config, tried posting a update and it did indeed post twice, so this seems to only be effecting membership admins. Could you try setting some rules for the logged in user and could you try both logged in and logged out levels with positive access rules please, rather than negative? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.