Why every new Parrot theme page comes with a default footer?

Every new page I create on parrot theme comes with the same footer and header. But I do not want that. How can I be free of Parrot default sections? Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello diegpl,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is a default behavior and it's actually quite the same with any regular WordPress theme: each page that you create will automatically use the default page template with all relevant "parts".

This is not something that could be changed from within Upfront itself. You could however edit Parrot theme with Upfront Builder and adjust its layouts to your needs:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/upfront-builder/

Best regards,
    Adam

• diegpl

Actually this is a regular behavior for not drag n drop themes. Once the theme is already edited and the template and layout set up it was not supposed to have this behavior. Can you imagine someone editing his website to have a regular footer and then, every new page the older footer will come up again? That is what is happening on esites.pro. You can test it up adding a new page on it if you want. You will see that every new single page will come up with a weird footer. That is not an expected behavior for users who want to change something through their drag and drop feature. Tks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello diegpl!

I think I partially misunderstood you at first, so I'm sorry about that.

When you edit the page (not a homepage!) with Upfront and then use Update button to save that, any new page that you create should follow the layout/design that you created. It's different however with a homepage which is "separate" and uses its own layout.

It's then a bit different with posts because when you save changes that you made to the design for a post you are asked whether to apply them to this post only or to all posts of that same type and depending on what you select those changes will be applied either to this post only or to all posts, including those yet to be added.

I hope that sorts out the way Upfront works so taking that into account: that doesn't work that way on your site, do I understand correctly?

May I edit slightly design of pages on your esites.pro site to test it?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there diegpl,

I trust you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here!

Feel free to create a new page. Some times I edit a footer that is global and it appears weird on another page.

I wasn't able to replicate this in your end but this may a memory and/or dependencies error.
    If you still find troubles with this, could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and insert the following line just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Let us know if more assistance is required here and we'll dig into it!

Take care,
    Dimitris