Why i cant create child theme from fixer?

it is very difficult to use your themes? if i am not a member any more , is this theme still going to work?

• Luís

Hi Prabhjot Singh ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Fixer theme is already a child theme from Upfront (parent theme).

You can edit it and make your modifications using the Upfront editor, they will be not override in and update.

Also, we released a new plugin, Upfront Builder, to create our own child theme or modify any of the starter themes.

If you are not aware, let me just add some information about the differences between Upfront Builder and Upfront editor:

Upfront Builder

Upfront Builder is a new plugin to create your own Upfront child themes from the scratch, to design the base of your Upfront child theme.

It can be launched through admin panel -> Upfront -> Builder.

You can create your own layouts (single post, single page, archive, etc) and export the theme to be used in your site or in other installations. Also, you can edit the layouts of the Upfront starter themes too (Spirit, Fixer, Panino, etc..).

Upfront Editor

Upfront Editor is used to insert/edit content in your website (pages, posts).

It can be launched through the back or front end, clicking in the Upfront menu item of the top admin bar.

So, basically, Upfront Builder is used to create the base of your theme, the structure, that will be used everytime you start a website.

Difference here is that , Upfront Editor can be used to change the layout too, but, the changes made using Upfront Editor will be only for that site and it will not be saved as new starting theme.

So you can use Upfront Builder to create a starting theme, activate it on your desired sites and then use Upfront Editor to make changes only.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.