Why is Invite Code label in different zip code?

Hello,

The Field for the Invite code is in a totally different area?
http://screencast.com/t/6R4WLcz2

Website is http://123profitsystem.com

Click on register. Thanks in advance!

Jerry meyer

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jerry !

It looks like there is some css issue which is causing the elements to go haywire.

Can you please try and change the template of the membership page and see if you can get it to something which suits the needs ?

Please advise if that works, else I would do a couple of tests to try and replicate the issue on my lab site.

Cheers
    PC

• jerrymeyer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there PC,

I switched the template from Full Width, to the default template
    and I still get the same results.

Sorry for the delay in response,
    I thought I was going to receive an email when someone replied.

I just logged in and saw your response.
    I will check back often so that we can discover what is going on here.
    Thanks so much!

Make it a great day!
    Jerry

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya Jerry,

I am gonna do a couple of tests on my lab site using the same theme and see if I can replicate the same issue.

Also, please ensure that you have subscribed to this thread you Clicking here or Clicking the "Subscribe to this Topic" link in the right side bar.

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jerry,

I am unable to replicate this issue on my lab site.

I would like to know what all plugins you are using ?
    Can you please try and switch to the default theme to see if that fixes the issue ?
    Are you simply creating the registration page using the membership plugin ?

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jerry,

Apologies to have missed you on this post. Somehow, I did not get alerted or perhaps I marked that read by mistake.

Thanks Kim for pitching in on this one :slight_smile:

should I try reinstalling the theme?
    and if I do so, do I lose everything that has already been setup?

Re-installing a theme should not make you loose anything. Did you make any customization in the theme's core files ? if yes, then you would loose them and would have to redo them.

That is why, its best to use child theme for modifications :slight_smile:

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC

• jerrymeyer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Got tired of waiting, created my own work around. Instead of using the invite code I have required a password upfront to enter the registration page.

This has been the 3rd time, on different matters that the resolution process has fallen short. I have remained professional with my response.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @jerrymeyer,

I just finished testing this on my site with the same components you have (WP + BuddyPress and it appears just fine

http://pranzu.staging.wpengine.com/register-2/

I am sure that there is something which is causing this to occur in the settings. Perhaps a plugin conflict.

If you want I can get into the settings and see if I can find the problem if you can setup a staging area for me ?

This has been the 3rd time, on different matters that the resolution process has fallen short. I have remained professional with my response.

I really appreciate that you have been so nice with your responses and I assure you that I would do whatever it takes to get this fixed for you.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC

• jerrymeyer
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I updated the membership last week or the week before when the new release came out. Logically, hoping it would fix the problem. Although it put the Invite Code matched up with the field... it duplicated and shuffled itself within each of the other profile variables that were being requested.

Example: it would go Name, Invite Code, Country, Invite code
    Also what I found was the fields were then improperly labeled
    In other words the Invite Code after the Name Field was actually for the country.

Regardless... It works fine without requesting the invite code. No time to go back. Lets just move on!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.