why is membership not showing in my WP sidebar?

I tried membership on my test site and all seemed to go well. I have now installed on my real site but though the installation and activation seemed to go smoothly, no membership menu appears in my side bar (I took a screen shot but seems nowhere here to upload it). I thought maybe a problem having membership still active on other site so have deleted it (and WPMU DEV), then deleted from main site, quit safari and waited a while, reinstalled - again all seemed well and it said it was installed and activated, told me I am logged in as membership admin - but no 'membership' menu in sidebar for me to set it up.
Please help - have been working all weekend hoping to have this active for tomorrow!
Luna

• PC

Hello Luna,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

It might be some plugin conflict which is causing this to happen.

Can you please disable all the plugins on the site and just leave the membership plugin active ? If you see the menu, just reactivate the plugins one by one and see which plugin is causing the menu item not to appear.

Please make sure that you are logged in as a membership admin on the site.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• LUNATRIX

You mean give you my admin login details? I guess I can trust you enough to do that?! :slight_smile:

But I wonder if I could ask you to help me with something else first? Your friend seems to be too busy to reply and it is getting kind of urgent for me
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-how-to-edit-registration-pages#post-428127

I would like a pointer on how to edit the registration and account pages so they show my words instead of the default template (or maybe I am supposed to create my own pages and somehow point to them?). I am sure there is an easy way to do this but having watched all the videos and studied the manual I'm afraid I really cant see how?

Thanks
    Luna

• PC

Hey Luna,

You mean give you my admin login details? I guess I can trust you enough to do that?! :slight_smile:

Yes, indeed :slight_smile: However if you do not want, its alright. I just want to have a closer look at the settings of the Admin menu editor and see if I can get Ultimate Tiny MCE working for you with Membership plugin.

Or may be you can try adding custom menu.

You can just copy the direct links to membership plugin options and add them to your admin menu using the admin menu editor. That can be a good work around.

But I wonder if I could ask you to help me with something else first? Your friend seems to be too busy to reply and it is getting kind of urgent for me
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-how-to-edit-registration-pages#post-428127

I would like a pointer on how to edit the registration and account pages so they show my words instead of the default template (or maybe I am supposed to create my own pages and somehow point to them?). I am sure there is an easy way to do this but having watched all the videos and studied the manual I'm afraid I really cant see how?

The delay might have been due to the weekend. You know family and other things keep us workaholics away at some times during the week. I see that Tom is back on that and believe me you are in safe hands there.

Cheers, PC

• LUNATRIX

Thanks - appreciate the offer but I am not using Membership anymore (found something that works better for me, and no conflicts).

Just out of curiosity - you guys seem to be counted in my stats as visitors to my site? Is that because the WPMU DEV plugin somehow brings you to my site when you answer questions?

Just to be clear - I was not complaining about the TIME of response (which was great) but the QUALITY of response. Just being told to 'read the manual' is quite frustrating to someone who has been doing battle with the manual all day. Especially when it turns out that what I was asking was not actually in the manual. (i'm sure you have experienced similar frustration for topics you are not an expert in!)

Anyway - bye for now and all the best
    Helen

• PC

Hey Helen,

Thanks for posting back.

Its sad to hear that Membership is not the right plugin for you.

Just out of curiosity - you guys seem to be counted in my stats as visitors to my site? Is that because the WPMU DEV plugin somehow brings you to my site when you answer questions?

Yes, when you post a question, and select a site in question, it sends us a link to the site so that we can click on it and see the problem live.

Just to be clear - I was not complaining about the TIME of response (which was great) but the QUALITY of response. Just being told to 'read the manual' is quite frustrating to someone who has been doing battle with the manual all day. Especially when it turns out that what I was asking was not actually in the manual. (i'm sure you have experienced similar frustration for topics you are not an expert in!)

I really appreciate your feedback on the same. It will certainly help us improve the support in future. The only time we refer our members to the manuals is when we think that the manual already covers the issue. :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.