Why is plugin causing 500 Internal Server Errors?

Post installation, activating and performing FULL synchronization times out resulting in 500 Internal Server error. After server refresh, plugin is active however, upon adding a user to the master site, upon sync attempt, the sub sites all receive 500 Internal Server error.

Is there a specific permission that must be assigned or some other additional setting that I missed, other than simply installing and configuring the plugin?

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

500 errors are a pain in the ass... My first step to resolving them is usually double checking the wp's php memory. The most common reason for wp 500 errors is when the system trys to use memory that isn't there.

Sometimes this can be fixed with a sample line of code in wp-config.php
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); (or 512M if you think it needs that much).

Usually after that I install this plugin to double check http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-memory-usage/ or similar.

If wp-config didn't fix that then edit php.ini or contact sometime you have no option but to ask the ask.

That would be best first step. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Billy

• Kim
      • Flash Drive

OH. MY. GOSH! THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much Ollie!!! This fixed my problem.... I thought I would never resolve my wp-admin dashboard plugin activate 500 error! I upped the PHP memory limit to 512, and tada, it worked! You are a blessing! :four_leaf_clover: :thumbsup_tone2:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I will agree to Billy here. Can you please check for the max-memory with your host and increase that and check if you still receive those errors ?

If wp-config didn't fix that then edit php.ini or contact sometime you have no option but to ask the ask.

ask the ask = ask the host :wink:

Cheers, PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

The original poster of this issue is no longer an active member on these forums.

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however at some time the member becomes active again and the issue still exists, don't hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers!
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.