Why is that a FREE TRIAL account became ADMINISTRATOR ROLE which is supposed to be only a SUBSCRIBE

Hello,
I am currently using PRO SITES PLUGIN,
i already set everything under 4 categories such as:

1. Free trial
2. Standard
3. Prosperous
4. Platinum

Each categories or kind of subscriptions was already set up in the PRO SITES SETTINGS
...I tried to register under a FREE TRIAL account, supposed to be it has only limited access to such features or simply SUBSCRIBER ROLE only.

But after the FREE TRIAL REGISTRATION it became ADMINISTRATOR so the TRIAL ACCOUNT has full access to all the features because after their TRIAL ACCOUNT REGISTRATIONS it became automatic ADMINISTRATOR which is not supposed to happen because the registration account is only for TRIAL ACCOUNT.

Please advise how to fix this kind of situation. Hope you understand the full scenario.

Thanks a lot.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Gio!

With ProSites, all users who can get a ProSite are going to be admins of the subsite they're purchasing/taking a trial on. They have to have to be an admin on that subsite in order to upgrade that site to Pro. You can limit their powers and prevent access to ProSite features, but they will be admins of their ProSite, no matter what Pro Site level they're on.

This is how that process goes:
    User registers for a site.
    Once site is registered, user can purchase a Pro Site, or they can use your Free Trial.
    When they've completed the signup process, they can access the dashboard of the site they just created as an administrator, and they'll be the primary administrator for that subsite.
    The permissions and features that user has will be determined by which ProSite level they're on.

Does this clear up how Pro Sites works?

Thanks for your question, Gio!

• David

Hello Michelle,
    I actually don't understand clearly what you really mean, because base on the video presentation of PRO SITE is not like that the user who register will have an access as ADMINISTRATOR. I think we dont understand each other regarding ADMINISTRATOR???

I am referring to ADMINISTRATOR meaning they became ADMINISTRATOR that can also see and view my importand plugins in my super admin, which is not normal.

I understand that every new user like particularly to FREE TRIAL ACCOUNT has no capacity to view or access importand PLUGINS on my super admin. YES! they can have their admin ofcoarse, but what do i mean is the ADMINISTRATOR which is i dont want to allow, because they can access to all of my plugins also, themes and plugins, which i already blocked on the PRO SITE SETTINGS.

Hope to understand what i mean please.
    Thanks.

• David

this is my main concern again...

I am currently using PRO SITES PLUGIN,
    i already set everything under 4 categories such as:

1. Free trial
    2. Standard
    3. Prosperous
    4. Platinum

Each categories or kind of subscriptions was already set up in the PRO SITES SETTINGS
    ...I tried to register under a FREE TRIAL account, supposed to be it has only limited access to such features or simply SUBSCRIBER ROLE only.

But after the FREE TRIAL REGISTRATION it became ADMINISTRATOR so the TRIAL ACCOUNT has full access to all the features because after their TRIAL ACCOUNT REGISTRATIONS it became automatic ADMINISTRATOR which is not supposed to happen because the registration account is only for TRIAL ACCOUNT.

Please advise how to fix this kind of situation. Hope you understand the full scenario.

Thanks a lot.

• Jude

Hi again Gio,

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I am referring to ADMINISTRATOR meaning they became ADMINISTRATOR that can also see and view my importand plugins in my super admin, which is not normal.

They become admins but not super admins. Admin is only for their site you will be the SUPER admin for the whole network.

If they are subscriber then they cant do anything on their site even write a post. No body will sign up then

Even Admin has limited access like what you specify in Pro Sites settings so no worries

Cheers
    Jude