Why is the author meta info being removed from my theme

On enabling the membership plugin my posts now say “written by ” but with no name or details. The author info is correctly filled out on the profile page and the author is an admin on the site. When I switch to another theme the details are there.

What can I do to fix it (unable to change to a different theme)?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Which theme are you using? Is this one I can get my hands on? Or is it premium?

Can you see what code is pulling the details in that theme and compare with the Twenty Eleven theme to see how it’s done differently.

So if the membership plugin is then turned off the details show again in that theme?

Let me know.

Take care.

• ChrisMc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

yes the details show up if the membership plugin is turned off. Also what shows up in this space is whatever is included in the “No access” message that is set in options. I have also realised that this is only what is seen by non-logged in visitors. Logged in members see the correct text.

The theme I am using is a premium theme – Catalyst.

I will have a look at the code, and if I notice anything, will let you know.

However, I have found a solution for the time being using bbpress native privacy settings and a free plugin – User Access Manager’ to conttrol access to categories and ‘invitation codes’ to restrict signups (I don’t need a payment solution at the moment so maybe a fully fledged membership plugin is overkill anyway…:wink:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Without seeing how they get that data it’s hard to know for sure, but would be interesting to see what’s going on.

However, I have found a solution for the time being using bbpress native privacy settings and a free plugin – User Access Manager’ to conttrol access to categories and ‘invitation codes’ to restrict signups (I don’t need a payment solution at the moment so maybe a fully fledged membership plugin is overkill anyway…:wink:

Hey Chris, glad yo see you have a work around there. Am I ok to mark this as resolved or did you want to continue debugging?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.