Why is there no CoursePress "tab" under Appearance > Menus?

I'm trying to integrate social authentication and I want to show these other options on the CoursePress login page. I tried creating a page, but the shortcodes weren't working. When I read the docs I saw this:

Course Signup/Login Page [course_signup] Shows a custom login or signup page for front-end user registration and login. Note: This is already part of CoursePress and can be set in CoursePress Settings. Links to default pages can be found in Appearance > Menus > CoursePress.

I do not see a CoursePress "tab" under Menus and I want to know why that is the case.

• chrislim

Thanks Calvin, that helped in part :slight_smile:. However, it seems like the CoursePress Pro theme I am using is not using a menu to show the Courses/Dashboard/Logout buttons. I assume this means I need to edit the theme itself?

That aside, I'm really just trying to get the social authentication working. I tried pointing it to a page titled Login instead of using a virtual page, but when I include this shortcode in the page:

[cp_pages page="student_login"]

The body of the page disappears. Could you help me figure out why the shortcode is not working and in fact wiping out any other page content?

• Ash

Hello @chrislim

I hope you are well today.

However, it seems like the CoursePress Pro theme I am using is not using a menu to show the Courses/Dashboard/Logout buttons. I assume this means I need to edit the theme itself?

Coursepress adds those menus automatically in the primary menu section, But I recommend to use your own menu. You can add any menu items you want from Appearances > Menus. And if you want to remove automatically added menu, please go to Coursepress Pro > Settings > General and uncheck the box for "Display menu items".

I'm really just trying to get the social authentication working. I tried pointing it to a page titled Login instead of using a virtual page, but when I include this shortcode in the page:

Were you logged in when you viewed the page? Note that, you need to be logged out when you will check the login page.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.