Why isn't my site smushing? Smush button missing

I sent the photos of my site to be smushed and it has been in progress for a few weeks. in addition to that, the manual smush button in the library is not appearing like it does on my other site. Please help.

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, jdcogmon!

It looks like Smush has stopped let's do a trick from a different thread to get it going again.

Add the following code to your functions.php file:

delete_option('wp-smpro-sent-ids');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-bulk-sent');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-bulk-received');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-current-requests');
    delete_site_option('wp-smpro-current-requests');
    global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->query("DELETE FROM $wpdb->postmeta WHERE meta_key='wp-smpro-is-smushed' OR meta_key='wp-smpro-smush-data' OR meta_key LIKE '%wp-smpro-request%' ");

Refresh your site, this will clear the Smush process from your server.

Go back to functions.php and either comment out or remove the above code (or else the Smush process will stop as soon as you try to start it again.) then go back to your site and begin the process again.

Another potential cause of your issue could be a CDN, are you using CloudFlare or Amazon to serve your media files? If so, you may need to add the Smush server IP (66.135.55.161) to a whitelist for your CDN, so the two processes don't interfere with each other.

If neither of these resolve the issue, we can try more advanced troubleshooting.

Thanks, jdcogmon!

• Tyler Postle

Hey there jdcogmon,

Hope you're doing well today!

You will want to add that to your themes functions.php, so navigate to:

/wp-content/themes/your-theme/functions.php

You can place it right after the <?php at the top, or if that gives you any issues then you can move it down to the bottom :slight_smile:

You don't need to include {}

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.