Why members have multiple membership levels

I have members who are all at one subscription-Basic Member some are at access level 1 and some are at level 2.

I'm trying to upgrade someone subscription and it doesn't want to let me do it.

Also why are some access levels in bold and some not on dashboard under edit members. I have one member sho is at Basic member with access to level 1 and 2 yet only one of the level 2's is not bold. he also has two gateways.

The gateways is I think from when I allowed sign up from both linked in and facebook.

• Patrick

Hi @chuck_franks

I'm trying to upgrade someone subscription and it doesn't want to let me do it.

If you want to move a member from one subscription to another, hover your mouse pointer over the member and you'll see a "Move" link appear in the "Subscription" column. Click that link, then select the plans you want to move the member from and to. Same thing if you want to move a member from one access level to another in the same subscription, click the "Move" link in the "Membership Level" column, and select the access levels to move from and to. Obviously, if you only have one subscription plan or access level, they can't be moved.

Also why are some access levels in bold and some not on dashboard under edit members.

Access level in bold would be the level the member currently has access to in his/her subscription according to the rules you set when creating the subscription.

• chuck_franks

@Patrick Cohen

I attached a pic.

I understand that it should work that way. I just did it with one member (averageguykc) successfully. I can see and think I understand the add/move buttons.

However my own account I am trying to set up as an admin/community manager so later I don't forget about network vs. blog level. I can't change. (chuck franks)

I'm wondering would adding membership plugin after I already had that profile created and included in database be part of the problem.

Should the member page show they have access to both one and two level if level 1 is bold? I thought I was having unpaid members be put in level 1 thus limiting their access based on negative rules. Then if they paid they would be moved to level 2 different subscription plan(paid) and control with positive rules.

Then the member (jerryskc) has two subscriptions and two active levels.

Thanks for the help,
    Chuck

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.