Why my snapshots still showing as pending?

I have setup backups and also amazon s3 account. I tested the connection and it works fine, but once the snapshot was created is shows destination pending. It`s been like that for over 24 hrs. It did not transferred the files to amazon s3. Am I missing something? Why are the files not transfering?
Thanks
Davys

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@davys_marchiori,

On this screen there is a link to the latest log file. This is the processing log for the snapshot item. Can you view it at the bottom and see if any errors are being reported?

Also, realize snapshot uses the WordPress scheduler WP_CRON to actually send the files. This means you must have front-end traffic to your website in order for the transfer of the files to the destination.

• Davys
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your reply.
    There is not traffic due to site been under construction. I will look at the file to see if it`s got any error. Is there a way around it? How much traffic does it need to trigger it?
    Will post the log later tonight.

Thanks
    Davys

• Davys
    • New Recruit

Hello Caritas,
    I have not patient with low quality tech support... I have tried the plugin chat line, and the answer of the guy was I DONT KNOW.. as you can see above, I replied the inittial message for see how much traffic it would take to kick it off....As you can see...NO ANSWER.
    My issue with wpmudev.org is that most of their plugins are really basic and they don`t do much for me... I am going to move on and buy backup buddy... It angers me when someone design a plugin that relies on traffic to work...To me sounds like some unreliable ... NOT FOR ME..

If you can make it work..Let me know...
    Best Regards
    Davys

• caritasdesigns
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Davys,

Thanks for your response. I completely understand your frustrations. I have had similar experiences in the past. I have, however, had great success with working with Paul and WPMU in the past, and in an effort to help improve their products, I will continue to work with them. For my uses, I guess I only need the site backed up when there is updates on the backend or visits to the frontend, so this type of backup works well for me. Really, unless there is content change, I don't need an additional backup. Let me know how BackupBuddy works for you as I may take a look if Paul can't get this figured out.

• Davys
    • New Recruit

I think the issue is not relevant? I got to be kidding? The plugin does not work at for me after paying for it.. You never responded my reply..That is the reason I canceled my membership and decided to try another plugin..
    It is a shame that it relies on wp-cron if it is not reliable. What I mean by that is, it needs some type of traffic to make it work..

• Davys
    • New Recruit

Ok..
    What about answering my question?
    Let me do it again "
    Thanks for your reply.
    There is not traffic due to site been under construction. I will look at the file to see if it`s got any error. Is there a way around it? How much traffic does it need to trigger it?
    Will post the log later tonight."

Thanks
    Davys

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Davys,

Re-opening this thread. Since you want support. I'm more than willing to help you figure out a solution. But frankly from your more recent replies advocating BuddyPress and somewhat slamming our general support offering I though you decided to cancel your membership and move on. You do have that right. Again my apologies if I was not responsive to your last reply. We do get a ton of threads going and things fall through the cracks.

No on to your issue. As I mentioned Snapshot relies on WP_CRON to function. This is just the way it is at the moment until I can rewrite some of the core code to somehow send the file inline during the manual backups. The problem is for some other members the PHP settings are such that the file transfer will never complete because their hosting have a very very short timeout. So that is why we opted to have the manual backups created first. Then a secondary WP_CRON process which runs every 30 minutes to send those manual files to the remote destinations. Note this is just for manual.

For the scheduled backups there have their own independent WP_CRON processing based on the chosen interval for the backup. During that processing the backup is created then the file is sent all in the same step.

Since you mentioned the site is under construction then my best advice is setup a cron via your hosting control panel to call wp-cron.php in your site root on a regular interval. This will similar the front end traffic. I know it is a kludge in that is does not work. But for today that is the best solution I can offer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.