Why no sidebars on cart and product pages?

I'm using the theme "Metropolis". It allows you to select templates and sidebars within each page. I have installed the MarketPress plugin and configured it, added categories, and a product. The "store" page looks fine but all other pages within market press are missing a sidebar.

I have looked through a few threads here and tried the copy single.php page and rename to mp_product.php This at one point did add the default sidebar but made it under the product content (not floating to the right like a normal sidebar. As well it removed the Price, Category, quantity and ad to cart button.

It seems one way or the other code is missing.

I'm willing to send login if required.
Thank you
DG.

• Kimberly

DG,

Hi and Welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

Your pages are controlled by the templates in your theme, which you've figured out by now, so you just need to make some tweaks to the template file.

You can probably use the single.php file that you used before, renaming it as you did before, but add <?php get_sidebar(); ?> above this <?php get_footer() ?> and below the <div> for the content.

If you like the way it looks and just want to add a sidebar then this is a good route to go. If you want to change it completely then you can re-open the ticket and we will get you sorted another way :slight_smile:

This should get you sorted. You may have to adjust some css depending on your theme to get it to display exactly how you would like. That's easily remedied with a tool like Firebug, or you can post a link and we can help guide you through fixing that :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.