Why our my pop ups no longer working after update?

I installed the system update this morning. Now, my pop ups are no longer working when they are pointed to a specific URL. They still work with no parameters, but when a specific URL is selected ,which is how we need it set up, I get nothing.

Michael Bissett

Hey @Brandon, hope you're doing well today, welcome to the forums!

It looks like we've run into a bug here between the "On specific URL" rule and using the AJAX loading method (this occurs for both the "WordPress AJAX" and "Anonymous Script" loading methods).

I've notified the developer of this, but in the meantime, I've set the loading method to "Page Footer" inside of PopUp -> Settings -> PopUp Loading Method, just to get things going for you again.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Philipp Stracker

Hi Brandon

We have investigated and fixed the issue. We'll do our best to release the update early next week!
    At the moment only the Page-Footer method recognizes the URL rules correctly...

As a temporary workaround you can do this:
    - Use "On approximate URL" rule, and not "On specific URL"
    - Enter the URL in correct and in reversed form, e.g. "http://example.com/" and "/moc.elpmaxe//:ptth"

This should get your PopUps back on the correct pages.
    After the next update you can remove the reversed URL again
    Tipp: The approximate URL rule also allows you to enter only a part of the URL, like "/1-egap/" and "/page-1" - so you don't have to type the whole URL in reversed form...

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Philipp