why the gateway is "admin" always for free membership?

I have set a FREE membership up for my local site. Whenever a user register under FREE membership plan, I see “admin” under Gateway field in Membership > All members.

It doesn’t allow me to upgrade my subscription using [renewform] shortcode. It never shows “Sign Up” button in subscriptions page.

Please help me with this. I am running out with deadlines. :slight_frown:

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lakum4wpmu,

The answers here regarding this can be many. So lets start with the question and answer to see if we can resolve your “gateway” issue and hopefully your subscription issue.

Do you have the free gateway activated?

It should not be if there is a paid level of any kind and the setting under Membership –> Options –> General tab –> user Registration –> use subscription should be set as none.

For the subscription page to offer a subscription the current subscription must have ended and the current subscription set to finite.

If the subscription is set to indefinite they are locked into that subscription and can never upgrade regardless of the subscription status (meaning still active or not).

I the subscription is set to serial the user is set to a certain level and is renewed at renewal time at the same level they are already on and no chance to upgrade.

So the answer to being presented with the ability to renew or upgrade is one of the subscription setting being set on finite and their current subscription has ended.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• lakum4wpmu
    • Flash Drive

For the subscription page to offer a subscription the current subscription must have ended and the current subscription set to finite.

My free subscription got ended and still I am not able to upgrade my subscription plan using [renewform]. The gateway in Membership >> All members is still admin.

What should I do now? I am not able to upgrade my subscription plan to Paid one. :slight_frown:

Regards

• Emanaku
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Lakum4wpmu, just to exclude another obvious reason for your non-upgradability: is your Membership Upgrade interval in Membership – Settings – Extras tab set to 3 or more, and the time until you have to wait for being able to upgrade is not over yet?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.