Why there is no site added with Multi-Domains?

Hi, I just added b.com as multi-domain in a.com and succeed. But why there is no b.com in my sites list in wpmu dashboard?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Dahuang LU,

Thanks for the screenshots, I thought you were referring to your registered sites under WPMU DEV Dashboard, and you are actually searching for it in all sites, which is not WPMU panel, it's default WP Multisite panel.

Search in this panel actually works only by subdomain name, for example if you even enter your main domain a.com in the search you will not get any results.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dahuang,

Apologies for delay here, we had increased number of threads this week and are trying our best to keep up with everyone.

Multi-Domains doesn't alter functionality of the Site search in any way and search will only show original domains.

we don't have b.com dashboard and front-end neither in wpmu of a.com

This part confuses me a bit, Multi-Domains doesn't create another installation for you, it allows your users to register sub-sites using different domain that you added.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

Hi,

multi-domain is not supposed to create a new subsite, but only allows registration of consequent subsites under that alternate name... kind of "synonym" of the main site.

what do you try to accomplish? maybe the domain mapping plugin is your solution?
    you create a subsite b.a.com and map it to b.com (inside domain mapping plugin interface)

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

I think you mistake the features of Multi-Domain with the features of Domain Mapping.

If I understand you correctly, you would like the possibility to create subdomains of b.com for new subsites? (such as c.b.com?) AND have b as another subsite different than a (where you map b.com)?

If yes, set up the domain mapping as you did to the correct subsite, AND setup that domain also in Multi-Domain, the 2 can work together as they have different purposes.

Just so you know you can even do that without plugin (if you do not need users to create their site, choose which domain they are a subdomain of, and map their domain)

On one of my multisite install, I create myself (as network admin) all the names, and I add a new subsite with name such as c.a.com AND THEN EDIT its name to c.com, or c.b.com.
    It works as long as all the domain names DNS are correctly pointing there. Is that what you wanted to do?

The 2 plugins are here to add an interface for users.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi @Dahuang LU,

I hope you're well today!

I can see you marked this thread as resolved. Does this mean that you managed to handle the issue by yourself (or following Predrag's and Patricia's BT tips)? I'm asking this only because I'd like to make sure if you still need assistance. Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.