Why would the Gravity Form (see Contact Us Page) notifications stop working?

Hi,
I've submitted a request for assistance from Gravity Forms regarding this topic, but I was wondering if anything changed within the theme's most recent update that may have contributed to the issue and through a correction of it can resolve the problem. Here's a brief description of what's happening.

When I conducted several tests today on the Contact Us page, I used the Website Suggestion Subject, which is directed to me via my websitesbydesign@comcast.net email address, and input my personal address, kdfam@comcast.net, as the User.

My results indicate that when visitors to the site complete the Contact Form, they still receive a "Thank you" notification on their computer screen, but they do not receive an "Email" notification directed to the email address they input into the form nor does the intended recipient at Black Mothers United receive a notification from the online form advising a user has requested assistance.

I've checked the Contact Form settings and they are all the same as they were when the notifications were being successfully sent and received.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Kimberly