Widget form (subscribe by Email) at upfront theme does not work

Used widget form of plugin "subscribe by email" at upfront theme. It does not work - processing icon keeps on moving with no result and no addition of subscriber. The snapshot is attached to get the clear understanding.
However, follow-up form works well.
Support-access is already opened.
Please help.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @Pooja.

While Upfront guys solve the source of the problem, I've released a new version of SBE that allows you to add some custom code to fix it.

You can use the following code in your functions.php file or an external plugin (the latest is the better so you can upgrade your theme without loosing changes):

add_filter( 'sbe_validate_widget_instance', 'sbe_hooks_validate_widget_instance' );
    function sbe_hooks_validate_widget_instance( $instance ) {
    	$instance['autopt'] = false; // Or true if you want your users to be subscribed without confirmation email
    	$instance['subscribed_placeholder'] = 'Thank you for your subscription';
    	return $instance;
    }

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• Pooja
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @Ignacio

Thanks for your efforts.
    I followed the latter suggestion. But I think that I am doing something wrong for I am not able to fix the issue.
    Please elaborate as to how should I add code in the SBE plugin.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Pooja

Hope you had a wonderful day.

You can use the code @Ignacio mentioned above by creating a MU Plugin. For creating a mu plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

<?php
    add_filter( 'sbe_validate_widget_instance', 'sbe_hooks_validate_widget_instance' );
    function sbe_hooks_validate_widget_instance( $instance ) {
    	$instance['autopt'] = false; // Or true if you want your users to be subscribed without confirmation email
    	$instance['subscribed_placeholder'] = 'Thank you for your subscription';
    	return $instance;
    }
    ?>

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.