Widget placement & registration page

HI,

I just upgraded to the latest version of Product Theme. I replaced the sign in form on the right to a widget area on the previous version, and so copied these changes to the new version, but I have a slight problem, this new right widget is now appearing under the middle widget. I changed these files:

functions.php

sidebar.php

sidebar-bpblog.php

sidebar-bppage.php

sidebar-bphome.php

This is what worked for me in the previous version, and I am just wondering if I have missed a step or if there are other changes I need to make?

Also on the registration page the supporter option and the reCaptcha human verification seem to over lap here http://fondelifair.com/register. The sign up complete page, for uploading the avatar, it's a little screwed up too. I am not sure if this is a theme issue, as it appears this way on all themes.

Thanks for your help!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Do you get this issue with the default plugin on the overlap / registration. I just want to deal with things one by one here.

Also make sure you are on the very latest version just in case there was some delay – want to be sure we’re on the same page.

What changes did you exactly do or was it just adding the widget?

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Tammie,

I just checked the default theme, and it is the same, the supporter blog option and the human verification seem to be over lapped.

I am on the version of product just released a few days ago, so the latest version.

I made a few small changes to the header and footer and added the widgets instead of the sign in box. It was fine in the last version, but this time the new widgets are now under the left widget area in pages and buddypress pages, but under the middle widget for the blog. I made the same changes in all files, which was to just copy what was already there for the middle widget, and rename all instances of “middle” to “right”.

Thanks for taking a look.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I am seeing a lot of different things like scripting errors and missing divs but lets go back to the first point and try and deal one by one.

I see supporter is calling .clear which has a height of 0 – probably the problem.

So lets put this in the child css and see if works:

#supporter.clear{

height: auto;

line-height: 22px;

}

If height auto does not work add a value that you think that box is.

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Tammie,

Just updating this thread. The registration issue got sorted, thanks, but my widgets are still acting a bit strange! Like I said I took out the login code and replaced it with a right widget area. The widgets are working, but in the wrong place. You mentioned about missing divs but I can’t figure out where. I copied the code for the middle widget exactly except replaced the word middle with right. The funny thing is it’s not consistent, on blog and page it is appearing under the middle widget, and on buddypress pages and the home page it’s appearing under the left widget.

http://fondelifair.com

Thanks for taking a look!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Try changing:

.sidebar-box {

width: 240px;

}

You have put something that has classes that make it too wide for the widget box. I played with this in firebug and it produced good results but you’ll have to test. Put in 230, 220 and so on until you are happy.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.