widget width

Hi:

I'm trying to use the google maps plugin, and when i add it, I choose "current posts", so it is filtered with the displayed posts, for example, in the /tag/technology/ page, the map displays only the posts tagged with "technology". This works perfect, but in the size options, I'm only able to choose pixels and not percentages....If I choose to use text instead of the widget, I use the following text:

[map query="Current Posts" overlay="true" show_posts="true" width="100%" show_images="false" show_markers="false"]

the problem is that query="Current Posts" doesn't work as when I use the widget....

How can I solve this???? I want to set the width in 100% and the map to display current posts

thank you very much in advance for your answer!!!

jhugohanisch

Hi:....I dont have a link yet, but te problem is simple....if i use the map widget, I have all the widget options, including the size, wich is in px....since I want to set the width in 100% instead of px, I insert, instead of the widget, the following text:

[map query="Current Posts" overlay="true" show_posts="true" width="100%" show_images="false" show_markers="false"]

the above code works perfect, except by the query, which doesn't filter correctly. If i'm in a category page, I would like the map to show only the locations related to the posts in that category....know what I mean???

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly

jhugohanisch,

Hi and welcome to WPMU!

Reading both of your posts I think I am getting that you are using a query to replace a widget because you don't want to set pixels on the size settings.

If you would like to use the widget then you can always set the pixels to reflect the width of your sidebar (reflecting use of 100% of the sidebar).

Or if you can use a inspection element like Firebug for Firefox to find the display settings in the css file and alter it accordingly.

Does this help?

Kimberly

jhugohanisch

Hi:

Basically I have to choose between both screenshots shown here...using the widget, I can not set the width of the map as a percentage, and using text, I can not set the shown markers in the map filtered (with the post page, category page or tag page)....(the statement query="Current Posts" does not work)

Is there a way I can do both??....setting the width as a percentage and filtering the visible markers according to the posts shown in the page???...

regards, and thank you very much for all your help

Hugo

Kimberly

jhugohanisch,

I can not set the width of the map as a percentage

If you are trying to fill the width of your sidebar you don't necessarily need a percentage variable, you can do this with pixels. Just specify the width of the map is the same as the width of your sidebar. If your sidebar is 200px then specify that the widget display at 200 px wide, thus telling it to display at 100%

If you are trying to display the map in the sidebar at it's full normal size then it will not work if the map is bigger than the sidebar width. You cannot make 200px wide display something 500px wide regardless of the command.

My apologies if I'm missing something.

From what I see you can also have multiple instances of the widget, so if you can manage to work with the pixels then you don't need to choose and you can create two separate maps via two separate instances of the widget, with the results you are after. One with all posts and one with current posts.

Have you tried to use the custom queries box? I'd be interested to know how that performs for you.

Best,

Kimberly