widgets disappear when plugin activated

When activate Appointments + in appearance>>widgets, all the widgets disappear.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @reikob

That sounds like a conflict with some other script running on your site. When weird stuff like that happens, it is usually due to incompatibility with another plugin, or some aspect of the active theme.

Please try basic troubleshooting protocol to locate the possible conflict.

Revert to a default WordPress theme (Twenty-Twelve or Twenty-Thirteen). Is the problem still there? If the answer is no, then it's a theme conflict. If it is still present...

De-activate all plugins. Then re-activate them one by one, and test with each activation until you find the problem plugin.

Once we've zeroed in on the possible cause(s) of your issue, we'll be better equipped to deal with it.

• reikob
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Patrick,
    I did do all that before, but did it again, and it is definitely only the appointments plugin that is affecting the widgets page.
    I could also use some help with the set up of the plugin, I have it connected to a google calendar, but how do I get the appointments already made on the google calendar to show as taken for the appointments calendar?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @reikob,

Can you turn on WP DEBUG Mode to see if there are any errors?

This can be done by opening your wp-config.php file and setting the debug constant to true; like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

There will most likely be some errors in your dashboard. If you see any can you copy and paste them here for me?

Best Regards,

• reikob
    • The Incredible Code Injector

HI Vinod,
    I went back and viewed some other's problems and noticed that Google Analyticator seemed to create the error, and when I disabled that and put in a different plugin to show the stats in the dashboard, I no longer have the problem.

Now I just need to figure out how to use the appt calendar.
    I will open a new string about that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.