Widgets loading into widhet area

I've just tested out the widgets, and if I click on a link from the widget area, for example the affiliate section, it loads the whole afiliate page into the widget area instead of the page.

I'm also having problems with the nav bar, as when I click it, it brings up one of my category pages, but doesn't load whatever I click on it.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Joe.

I presume it is the content widget you are using.

The widget is an extension of the shortcode and so it loads its own content within the shortcode. Just like it would on the page.

I also noticed quick links would not work unless you were on a page using the contents shortcode.

I'll ping Arnold in on this.

Thanks for reporting that.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Remember that on WHMCS everything is on one page and when you click a link it changes the whole poge. The same thing occurs here. The proper way to do it would be to place a content shortcode in the page body and one of the widget other than content, like the Quick Nav in the sidebar. Then when you click the link both the content and sidebar will update together.

a [wcp_content] widget in the sidebar will do exactly what you describe and is intended to. The content widget was included for situations where you have header, footer or feature box widget areas where you have more width to the screen. Or embedded Page or Post widget areas. Though the shortcode is easier there.

So it's behaving as it should.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.