Widgets missing/inop in admin panel

See screenshot. Widgets that were installed prior to Appointments+ still work on site.

Widgets admin page missing most widgets, not showing installed widgets on right right and the shown widgets cannot be accessed or moved.

Gotta fix?

• Alexander

Are you missing the footer as well?

It looks like one of your plugins is encountering an error partway through the page being loaded and it just stops loading the page altogether.

Can you try deactivating your plugins one at a time and see if at any point it starts working again? You could also try switching to the default wordpress theme. Once we find out which plugin is causing the issue, we can see what needs to be done to fix this.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Actually I meant the dashboard footer. I believe that would be missing as well.

Can you turn on WP DEBUG Mode to see if there are any errors?

This can be done by opening your wp-config.php file and setting the debug constant to true; like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

There will most likely be some errors in your dashboard. If you see any can you copy and paste them here for me?

Thanks!

• RKDauph

Dashboard footer also still there.

Errors reported.

Notice: Undefined index: stats in /home1/rkdphoto/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hit-sniffer-blog-stats/hitsniffer.php on line 306

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home1/rkdphoto/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /home1/rkdphoto/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home1/rkdphoto/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /home1/rkdphoto/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

• Alexander

Ok, I'm still not sure what's causing this. Can you confirm you're using the latest version of Appointments+? (v1.2.8)

I've tested this, and couldn't reproduce it. Also, the function raising all those notices isn't even used in appointments+

I think there might be another plugin doing this. Or it only happens when both the other plugin and Appointments+ are active

Can you try deactivating everything except appointments+ and switch to the twenty twelve theme?

Let me know if it's still there. If it's working, start activating the other plugins one at a time. When the widget area goes away, we'll know which plugin isn't playing nicely with Appointments+ and I can test further on my lab site.

Also, once you're down to having only Appointments+ active, and the default theme. Let me know what errors are being shown.

Thanks!

• RKDauph

Ya know, I love it when the solution is " deactivate everything and switch to the twenty twelve theme". It's just not you.

Many plugins are highly configured and many of them break when deactivated.

When I have a couple+ hours to do the trouble shooting and it's not in the middle of the business day and I'm in the mood to re-setup my site, I'll do as you request.

Sheeesh

I do appreciate your time, I'll have to get back to you.

• Alexander

@RKDauph,

I understand. But honestly, there aren't many better ways to troubleshoot in cases like these. Every plugin adds more code to be executed, and there's really no way to know exactly which code is causing a particular issue. By removing plugins from the picture, we can pinpoint what's causing the conflict. Without being able to reproduce the issue on another site, we know it's a conflict happening with the combination of plugins you're using.

This is the fastest, simplest, and most direct troubleshooting option.

So which plugins break when deactivated?

This really shouldn't be an issue nowadays with the Wordpress settings API available. Plugins are able to persist their settings and configuration and even be deleted entirely while the settings stay in your database.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.