wierd page reload at paypal using pay per view

I have installed and am using "pay per view". When I click on the "buy" button, it takes me to paypal. The page loads fine and then immediately reloads to the same page. This doesn't seem right. Although it is doing it with all of them, here is a post for you to try it on:

http://iempoweruonlineentrepreneur.com/2015/07/23/who-is-your-customer-drill-down-with-iempoweru-online-entrepreneur/

Thanks in advance for your help! Linda @iempoweru

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @iempoweru,

Thank you for granting support access, I have done some testing with my sandbox account and one thing I noticed is that when payment is complete I get redirected to your page and after I click on button to confirm payment the hidden content shows up.

This is probably the same thing you are seeing, just without the Confirmation button.
    When you complete the payment you are redirected back to the page in question, however the content is not yet visible after that, that's when PayPal IPN fires and notifies the plugin that payment is completed and after that the page refreshes to show the content.

Unfortunately there is no workaround for this as plugin needs to know when payment has successfully gone through and show content only after that.

Hope this clears things up and please let me know if you have any followup questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Predrag Dubajic

Help! I have people attempting to purchase and they no longer can. I am getting this message:

This is the same message I got when I first set it up - I fixed it by toggling from sandbox to live. Is it possible that you forgot to switch also? Thanks in advance Linda @iempoweru

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Linda,

I hope you're well today!

I checked your the site in question and can confirm this. However, the PayPal payment gateway for Pay Per View is already switched to "LIVE" so this is not an issue. The error you're getting suggests that there's something wrong with PayPal API access credentials. Since we've already eliminated the "Sandbox vs. Live" issue, I'd like to ask you to

- go to your site dashboard's "Pay Per View" -> "Pay Per View" page
    - scroll down until the "Payment options" section
    - remove all the existing settings (just note them down just in case please)
    - configure it once again step-by-step like you were setting up this first time
    This way we'll make sure that there's no errors there.

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Adam Czajczyk Ok, I removed them all, went back to paypal, reloaded them back in and tried it again. All pages that have the pay per view are working again. But, the original problem still remains. I did not understand the response given by @Predrag Dubajic Can I get more information, as it appears there might be another problem too.

I am just concerned about the double page load prior to purchase. If I were buying I would feel somewhat suspicious with this, as if it were redirecting my purchase to another site. Thanks for all your help as always! Linda @iempoweru

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Linda,

It's possible that I missed a character when pasting back your PayPal info, since I used my details for sandbox account while testing, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

I did not understand the response given by @Predrag Dubajic Can I get more information, as it appears there might be another problem too.

Sorry if I was unclear about that, I'll try to explain in more detail :slight_smile:

Here is how the process works user clicks on pay button to see content, he is then redirected to PayPal to complete the payment.
    After the payment is completed user is redirected back to your site on the page he was on, but the content is still hidden from him, that's because plugin still doesn't know that payment has been completed.
    That's where PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) jumps in, PayPal IPN will send notification to your site that the payment has been completed, PPW plugin catches that notification and unlocks the content, but since the page is already loaded it needs to reload it in order to show hidden content.
    That is why you see reloading on your page.

Please let me know if this cleared things up or if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Predrag Dubajic - no problems. Ok, so I have not even gotten that far before I encounter the issue that you are talking about.

Here's what I do. I click on the pay button. It takes me to the paypal pay screen. A few seconds later it reloads the paypal page and it looks like a redirect. It happens so fast its hard to confirm if it is redirecting. The second reload takes me to the paypal page again. But, as a buyer, it would make me feel like something fishy was going on.

Thanks for your help again! Linda @iempoweru

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Linda,

Thanks for further explaining this, I thought reload is happening on your site AFTER the payment but I now understand that reload is happening on PayPal itself.

However when I go to PayPal from your site I don't see it reloading, can you tell me which browser are you using when this happens, and on which OS it's running?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @iempoweru,

Thanks for the info, however it looks like this is not browser related.

It looks like PayPal is loading different pages when you visit from different countries.

So when I first visited your site it only loaded once, then I used proxy to "change" my country to US and then I got different page which DID load twice! See screenshots attached to see different pages that loaded for me.

I'm not sure why is this happening on that other page so I'll have to ping developer @Umesh Kumar for his opinion on this one.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @ iempoweru,

Just a bit of update here, a had a quick chat with the developer until he gets some time to have a closer look at this and it looks like this is happening only to US visitors and could be PayPal related.

Could you also forward your question to PayPal support so we can know if that's something related to their end?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.