How do I send users to WordPress Back End Admin to Create/Edit instead of front?

When I view the Wiki from the front end of my site and click edit, multiple edit boxes open up and stretch across the screen above my actual template and container. Can you please tell me why or how to stop this from happening?

The page in question is located at:

http://graveside-entertainment.com/wiki/splatterhouse

Clicking the edit or new page buttons causes the template to explode!

I’ve tried shutting off the editor windows above the container with CSS but unfortunately they run the editor that’s in the actual template below also. Shutting it off via display:none shuts off everything wiki wise.

It’s not super important that users create pages from the front end of the website, so how do I send the users to the back end of WordPress instead to create and edit pages, like the advanced button does? That would work great.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark_phillips,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Lets try redirecting them to the back end as you indicated in your last sentence of your post.

I visited your site and I do not see anything that could possibly allow to make a post from the front end – I must be missing something there.

When I click on discussion all it says is discussion and the body is blank though I can see a history.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mark_phillips
    • New Recruit

Hey Joe,

I shut off the ability for non-registered users to be able to edit pages. Sorry about that, I’ll turn it back on for these testing and debugging purposes.

Also I noticed if I punch a none existent URL into the address bar (http://graveside-entertainment.com/wiki/test-page)

The editor and page formatting that comes up is correctly formatted and works awesome, unlike the pages that pop when the create page/edit buttons display. Not sure why they are different. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark_phillips,

Thank you for your additional input which is both helpful and informative.

Hmmm – I visited your wiki again today and came up to the same problem of just a blank discussion page with no way to edit or see the anomaly you are describing.

You had mentioned that you were going to enable editing again and if indeed you have then something is amiss there – possibly caching?

The editor and page formatting that comes up is correctly formatted and works awesome, unlike the pages that pop when the create page/edit buttons display. Not sure why they are different. Doesn’t make sense to me.

This phenomenon also sounds like a possible caching situation. Are you using a caching plugin of some kind?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark_phillips,

Thank you for your additional input which is greatly appreciated and especially for letting me know that you are indeed using a framework theme in which totally changes the matrix of what we are working with.

Rather then fighting all day with a framework theme, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• mark_phillips
    • New Recruit

I’m actually going to go ahead and pull the wiki from my site. I’m not impressed with the product or the level of support from a single developer responsible for it’s creation and troubleshooting.

You’ve been fantastic Joe and I thank you for your support but it simply does not have a large enough company or developer base backing and supporting it to make it feasible to use.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark_phillips,

Thank you for letting me know Mark and sorry that I could not be of further assistance then what I was able to muster concerning this issue.

In addition, I am sincerely sorry that I was unable to get a faster response from the lead developer on this and I fully understand and respect your decision.

I wish there was more I personally could have done.

Sincerely, Joe

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

I’m sorry I was not able to reply sooner.

Issue you are describing was caused by incompatibility with your theme.

You could have copied incsub_wiki.php and 404-incsub_wiki.php to your theme from wiki/default-templates and styled it to suit your theme.

get_edit_post_link() will get you the backend edit page so you could let users click through. ‘Advanced Edit’ tab in wiki leads to the same page.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.