wiki editing

When editing (advanced) a wiki page, no matter how many times I select spanish (from the drop down list of languages) as the active language for spelling correction the editor reverts to english upon any further editing, thus leaving every word on the page underlined in red. The only choice seems to be to deactivate it altogether. I have the spanish version of wp 3.5.1 installed.

• aecnu

Greetings tom_korczowski,

Thank you Tom for letting us know and sorry for the trouble you are having with your WordPress installation and the Wiki plugin.

I have never heard of a Spanish version of WordPress though I have heard of the language packs that convert the site to be that way - actually I am the one that produces those very packages for WPMU DEV.

With that said, lets dig into what is going on there.

I have indeed tested a Wiki and trying to figure out which editor you are specifically talking about - in the dashboard or on the front end?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• tom_korczowski

http://es.wordpress.org/

I'm referring to the visual editor that appears when one selects 'advanced' on a wiki page. When you edit a wiki page from the dashboard, the same editor is activated and the same effect occurs. That is, everything is underlined in red, the language reverts to 'inglés' and so on. If I click on one of the underlined words, I get a spanish language version of the dropdown contextual menu 'No suggestions - ignore word - ignore all'

• elpino

I had some problems using the Spanish WordPress version, don't know why this comes to pass, anyway what i do now after all the troubles with the Spanish WordPress, i install in English, and set the language to Spanish in the English version instead of installing the Spanish version.

I know this doesn't help with your particular problem in the Spanish version, but in the long road of using WordPress i took lots of trouble off my doing this, if you want you install the English version on a test folder and change locale to Spanish and , upload the Spanish files, to WordPress language folder, most of the time the English version doesn't come with the ´language´ folder so you should create the folder yourself and upload the es_ES.po file and .mo file to that folder you can download the Spanish files in the link bellow.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

after install wiki plugin and see if the problem persist.

Hope this can be of some help.

Cheers
    Alex

• aecnu

Thank you for your additional input and indeed the method Alex is describing is what I have dealt with in the past and why I am clueless to the version you are referring to.

It appears to be in your best interest to follow the same path since Alex has.

Please advise if you want to keep trying to deal with the Spanish version or the English version with translation packs.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Thank you for letting us know but what other issues are you referring to?

Other threads or?

Everything in this thread revolves around the language issue from what I can tell and the editor in the Wiki is the exact same from your WordPress installation.

Therefore if you change the editor for example to Ultimate TinyMCE, this will be the same as changing it for the Wiki itself.

What am I missing here?

Please advise.

In any event, have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.