Wiki page history: possible to output Visual instead of HTML?

Is it possible to output Visual instead of HTML on the Wiki page history section?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shevek,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Is it possible to output Visual instead of HTML on the Wiki page history section?

Great question and though I do not believe this is the intended use of the history section, there is no one better that I can think of to confirm my suspicions then the lead developer himself.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there Shevek.

Please refrain from using profanities within our forums it’s not an acceptable tone in any way and won’t be tolerated further.

Joe has already explained he doesn’t know the answer and so is seeking advice direct from the developer on this plugin to be sure rather than giving ill advice.

Best Regards.

• Shevek
    • Flash Drive

To “have someone on” is to play a joke on them. It’s colloquial British but it travelled to NZ so I assume it travelled to Oz as well. Given that you’re a “support kangaroo” I thought you were from Oz. But then “tarnations” is colloquial American so perhaps you’re actually American?

Anyway, I thought you were being sarcastic basically but now I realise you respond to every query like that. Is every query really a “great question and a significant item”? Surely not.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Joe is American.

I’m in the UK. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I thought you were being sarcastic basically but now I realise you respond to every query like that. Is every query really a “great question and a significant item”? Surely not.

I always remember restaurants in American but one in particular is “Welcome to CC’s” and “have a good day” as you leave, it squeals in my head sometimes. But I really don’t think they always mean that. But it’s polite to do so.

My point is that it is just Joe’s welcome opening text, no sarcasm intended and I’m sorry if you took it that way. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shevek,

Thank you for your input there, it is appreciated :smiley:

I have to basically use a canned greeting due to if I put what I really think about most of the queries here it would either be for the most part a constant flaming and/or me not part of the WPMU Dev Staff anymore.

And I have posted my relatively uncensored thoughts here on the forums in several places and I can assure you that though the seasoned members loved it, liked it and gave their support, most of the others were not too happy about it at all to say the least.

@timothy mentioned I am all American

Aggressive, opinionated, and for the most part comply with my employers wishes since I am for the most part here on the front lines I am the WalMart Welcome Wagon/Party :smiley:

Since I do like resolving real problems and did so as a regular member as well, I will comply with the wishes of my employer to the point of when I cannot live with it anymore …. and I am a survivor as well.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

HTML history has it’s advantages to notice subtle differences that users may have done which will not be visible in visual diff.

I don’t think we will add visual history anytime soon because it would mean we need to change the diff algorithm altogether.

e.g. <b>I'm bold</b> vs <strong>I'm bold</strong> will be the same visually but different in code.

I’ll anyway make this a feature request.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.