Wiki plugin breaks my site: all pages are blank

Dear WpmuDev Team,
My site is http://www.aipsimed.org and works fine, but when I install wiki plugin it works fine for 5 minutes and after 5-10 minutes it breaks my site: all pages are blank.
I have a dedicated server with 16 GB of Ram, Intel Core i5-2400 4x3.1+ GHz and php memory limit is 1024 MB.
In the error log of my server there is only this error: "PHP Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/ns211347.ovh.net/aipsimed/:disappointed:tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/ns211347.ovh.net/aipsimed/wp/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 133", but I don't know if it is the cause of my issue with wiki plugin.
Any help?
Thanks in advance
Nicola

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Niclola,

Welcome to WPMU!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble! Which version of Wiki are you using?

My first suggestion is to check the wiki slug, if it is empty it will cause problems on your site.

Secondly it could be a server memory issue, which is something you would need to address with your host.

Let me know how it goes checking the slug!

Best,

Kimberly

• aipsimed
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Many thanks for the answer KimberlyL!
    1. I use the latest version of Wiki plugin, the 1.1.4
    2. the wiki slug isn't empty and contains the word "wiki", but it doesn't resolve the issue

The site uses many plugins, but it's optimized with W3 total cache plugin and the page speed score is 93/100.
    Sorry, I don't know what do you mean for "it could be a server memory issue, which is something you would need to address with your host".
    Thanks in advance

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

aipsimed,

It may be a plugin conflict. Have you tested to see if Wiki will work with everything disabled?

"it could be a server memory issue, which is something you would need to address with your host".
    I am referring to the available memory you have on your hosts server. Plugins take up space and can cause problems if there is not enough memory for them to run. Mine reboots often if I don't watch which plugins I'm using in my testsite for WPMU :slight_smile:

Best

Kimberly

• aipsimed
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Kimberly,
    I haven't tested if Wiki works with all plugin disabled on my live production site, but it works fine in my local installation with Mamp (on my Mac) with all plugins disabled.
    I have a powerful dedicated server with 16 DDR3 GB of RAM; I have in wp-config.php this line of code "define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');" and I have increased php memory limit, in php.ini, to 1024M, but this doesn't resolve m issue.
    Can you give me a tip on how to increase memory for my plugins?
    Thanks in advance
    Regards

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

Do you have e-accelerator or PHP APC installed by any chance? If that's the case the warning in your logs is caused by open base dir restriction being active and e-Accelerator is trying to store the cached/compiled php at / .

I'm not certain it could cause your site to show blank screen while Wiki is active. Would you be able to try without W3 Cache disabled and see whether the issue persists.

My guess is another plugin is conflicting with Wiki and W3 Total cache. What other plugins do you have installed and activated?

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.