Wiki Search not searching tags

When using the wiki Search widget, I don't think it is searching and retrieving items tagged with the search term. At least it is definitely not searching on multi-word tags. For instance, we have a wiki page tagged with the item 'biology technology'. When I search for that, nothing is returned. All of the other tag searches I have used seemed to work, however, in all those cases the tag term was also present in the body content whereas 'biology technology' is not present in the title or body content of the tagged wiki page. Do you not include tags in your search tool, or is there a conflict somewhere?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Matthew, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Actually, by default, WordPress itself doesn't index tags (not even post tags), and Wiki Pro leverages the search system that WordPress uses.

However, with the help of Relevanssi Premium, we can remedy that:

http://www.relevanssi.com/

(I mention the premium version, seeing as you have a Multisite, and only the premium version offers support for that sort of setup)

Once you have it installed and activated, then inside the dashboard for a site, you'd want to go to:

Settings -> Relevanssi

You'd want to scroll down to the "Indexing options" section, and make sure that the boxes for "incsub_wiki" & "incsub_wiki_tag" are checked, and that you click on the "Save indexing options, erase index and rebuild the index" button a bit further down the page.

How does that sound to you? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.