Wiki settings… no effect really

Hi Support-Team,

we implemented the Wiki PRO plugin… entered some exemplary Wikis but

– now displaying the entries in ordered form

does not work.

Please see attached screenshot and advice to get the desired result.

Thank you.

Prinz

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @prinz,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for your question, I did some testing on my end and noticed that Menu Order/Order Created is not working when you switch from ascending and descending, but when you change to order by Title it will work.

I’m going to flag this thread for our developers to have a look at.

There is one confusing part here though, ordering of sub wikis is visible when you visit parent wiki, and on your screenshot I see search/archive page, where exactly are you looking to change the order?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Predrag,

thanks for prompt reply. BTW ordering by Title does not work either. However would be great if you could advice further about

– ordering of sub wikis is visible when you visit parent wiki, and on your screenshot I see search / archive page, where exactly are you looking to change the order?

Where would we have to change those settings?

Cheers Prinz

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @prinz,

BTW ordering by Title does not work either. However would be great if you could advice further about

I just double checked this and for me Title ordering works, but I’m still going to notify developers that it’s not working in your case so they can have a look at this as well and see how it behaves on their installation.

– ordering of sub wikis is visible when you visit parent wiki, and on your screenshot I see search / archive page, where exactly are you looking to change the order?

Where would we have to change those settings?

Wikis page use default archive template so to change order there you would need to modify archive.php file which is located in your theme root folder.

For example, adding this before the loop starts should work:

$posts = query_posts($query_string .'&orderby=title&order=ASC');

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @prinz,

It looks like code is not rendered properly because it’s not added in php tag, can you try replacing the code with this one:

<?php $posts = query_posts($query_string .'&orderby=title&order=ASC'); ?>

If that doesn’t work can you paste the entire archive.php code here so I can see what could be the issue?

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.