Wiki Syntax

One of the benefits of a wiki is the ability to quickly and easily create pages.. especially using the Wiki Syntax -- such as [[new-link]]. I don't seem to be able to create new pages within a wiki.. only new "sub wikis". Can you please help me understand if this will work how I need it to? (add additional wiki pages - not additional sub-wikis).

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi Gabriel

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

A couple things to note: this thread is months old and not marked as an open ticket. This means it's very easily overlooked. You're best bet would normally be to open a new thread specific to your issue.

That being said, you can easily make a sub wiki of another wiki by either:

1. Going to Wikis > Wikis and clicking on Quick Edit under the name of the wiki and then select the Parent wiki from the drop down list under Parent
    2. Use the Attributes module when you use Wikis > Add Wiki inside the dashbord and select Parent from the drop down menu.

Your wiki navigation is displayed by adding the Wiki widget to your sidebar (Select No if you want to show sub wikis) or you can use a custom navigation menu (Appearance > Menu).

We also have examples of how others are using wikis at the bottom of our installation and use page here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki/installation/

Hope this information has helped and please let us know if you need further assistance!

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    WPMU DEV Support

• John
    • New Recruit

Adding wiki syntax should be fairly straight forward with a custom shortcode. I assume something like "[[my wiki term]]" can't be done, but something like "[wiki term="my wiki term"]" should be feasible. Can WPUDEV suggest such a custom shortcode?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.