Wiki Widget and Widget Logic

This may fall outside of the realm of this plugin forum, and into the general Wordpress area...

I'm trying to set it up so that the Wiki Widget only appears on Wiki pages, and not on sidebars in the rest of the site. I've downloaded the Widget Logic plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/ and have put this string in the code area

is_user_logged_in() && is_page('support')

"support" is the root wiki in this case. This works to allow the widget to appear on the main wiki page (and private to users on the BP install), but the widget disappears on the subpages/subwikis. is_subpage doesn't seem to be a relevant function. Any ideas how I could get this sidebar widget to only appear on wiki pages?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mrjarbenne,

Thank you for this great question.

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all, so let's see what we can do!

Obviously you are referring to Widget Logic plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

What I will do is ask the lead developer of Wiki if they can see any specific issues that could be causing this or be of assistance.

Of course this can take a bit longer than a regular support ticket - so if you could post any progress you have trying to debug the problem here too in the meantime that would really help.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

mrjarbenne,

You've not been back so I'm guessing you may have found some help elsewhere?

I'll go ahead and mark this one as resolved since Joe seems to have given you the best answer for your issue :slight_smile:

Feel free to come back and comment anytime if you do indeed need anything else. Just make sure you re-open the thread or we might miss you :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• mrjarbenne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thought I would check back in and share my solution...

I wasn't able to pull off the Custom Post idea from pcwriter, but I think it's definitely the right track. The custom post type seems to be incsub_wiki but I can't get the "logic" right. In the meantime I've set up the
    is_page( array( 42, 54, 6 ) )
    ensuring that the numbers in the array match the pages of the wiki. If/when I add new pages, I'll just need to remember to add the new page number to the widget.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.