Wildcard Subdomain still invalid certificate

I used Pro Sites with sub-domains enabled multi-site. However, everytime a new sub-site created by user, the sub-site visit will show invalid certificate and connection is insecure. I had followed the steps required as per Pro Sites requirement.

I need advice/assistance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello iamJayChong

I hope you're fine today!

For testing this, I have signed up for a free site on your setup. I can confirm the certificate issue and the problem here is that browser is seeing the cert on sub-domains as a "self-signed" CPanel cert which means that "from browser point of view" it doesn't provide any "trusted authority".

I'm not entirely familiar with how cPanel issued certs work but it might be worth checking cert settings. In SSL settings in cPanel you should have an option to generate certificate signing request so that might be worth giving a try.

If that doesn't help, you might want to ask your host for help as an SSL Cert is a server-side issue (WordPress or Pro Sites plugin doesn't have anything to do with SSL Cert configuration/validity).

Alternatively, going for a free cert like Let's Encrypt might be a good shot. A lot of WPMU DEV Members are using Let's Encrypt certs and they seem to be working very well.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.