Will Call and Cash/Check Payments

Two things i need to support in my shopping cart:
1) Will call where the customer has pickup the product with a receipt or confirmation number;
2) Payment by cash or check and acknowledging the user's account to acknowledge receipt of payment.

These are the only forms of payment and shipping I support. Is it possible to do this?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

It's not currently possible to do that I'm afraid, no.

You would need to create your own custom gateways in order to provide this.

If you have access to a developer it should be fairly straightforward to develop as the existing gateways provide well-commented code that can be copied and altered to suit requirements.

Thanks!
    Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings SamIngersoll :slight_smile:

the answer would be in my opinion as Phil had suggested would be to copy and then modify one of the existing gateways to that of your choosing which are located for marketpress:

/home/yourdomainpath/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it is relative to this particular topic and thread please feel free to re-open it :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey SamIngersoll.

If the customer is collecting the item there would be no need for shipping rates right?

If that is the case then you could just use the manual gateway.

With this gateway you can provide user instructions, confirmation user instructions and a confirmation email.

You could include payment information, collection details, etc, etc.

If there will be some shipping to be done then use the shipping options to add the fee, but make it clear that fee will not apply when they are collecting. That way its added to the total if they mail in the payment,

Would that not work for you?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.