Will hummingbird get iis support?

We are running an iis 8.5 server is was just wondering if hummingbird get iis support?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bryant,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There are currently links to Microsoft TechNet articles that describe how to enable Browser Caching for IIS and IIS7. Gzip compression should be automatically detected for both these servers. Let me please however consult plugin's developer for more details on this.

I have already asked a question and am awaiting a response. Please note, that developers reply time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum as he deals with a lot of complex questions on daily basis. Please keep an eye on this thread though and I'll update it as soon as I get a response.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bryant!

I just got a word from developer. He confirmed that he did add this task to development roadmap so we may expect that a native support for IIS will be implemented in future but he weren't able to tell me yet when could that happen. The good news is though, it will done.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Bryant
    • The Crimson Coder

Great, thanks.

Not really sure where to put this info for anyone else that may need it. While the link in hummingbird was helpful in figuring out how to add browser caching; it took a few hours of reading to figure out what to do. When really all that had to be done was add

<staticContent>
    <clientCache cacheControlMode="UseMaxAge" cacheControlMaxAge="8.00:00:00" />
    </staticContent>

right below the opening <system.webServer> in the web.config file. Change cacheControlMaxAge to the amount of time to hold the cache (cacheControlMaxAge="Days.Hours:Minutes:Seconds")

Once you add this browser caching is one for iis.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.