Will Infinite SEO on Multisite allow individual blog owners create site specific Site-Maps?

Hello Support!

I hope you're doing well this evening... :slight_smile:

I have not installed Infinite SEO on my site yet but I do have Simple Sitemaps for Multisite installed (not activated yet).

I'm trying to determine if Infinite SEO will be sufficient for sitemap creation.

When a blog owner maps (or not) their subsite to a specific domain, will Infinite SEO allow them to create and build a sitemap just for their site or is SSM still necessary?

OR

Is there another / better solution?

Thanks!!!

• SD2k
    • The Crimson Coder

OK, so once again I think I answered these questions, RTFM :slight_smile: so now I just need to decide between Infinite SEO and Yoasts.

With this in mind I'm going to assume, correct me if I'm wrong, that Simple Sitemaps for Multisite will not be necessary...

As always, thanks!!!!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey SD,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

If you set this in your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false );

Then each site can create their own sitemap.

Make sure before you set that define that you check off which tabs you want individual site admins to see, as indicated in the attached screenshot.

The option is at the bottom of each tab.

Also, how does Infinite SEO compare to Yoast's SEO Plugin? It looks like Yoasts SEO plugin handles multisite site-maps...

I haven't used Yoast's SEO plugin in quite awhile so may not be the best to ask for this question; however, I think Infinite SEO is a lighter plugin but still has all the essentials. Yoast has a ton of additional features, which is cool, but if you don't use most of them then it might not really be worth it. Again, I haven't used it in awhile, so you may want to search up some other comparisons :p

Hope this helps SD!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.