Will installing several plugins on one installation cause any issues

If we install several (10+) plugins on one buddypress install, will that cause any issues? Our hope is that because all of them are from the same developer, they will all be compatible. Thanks!

• Joshua Dailey

That is always the hope :slight_smile:. You can try installing them one at a time and testing to see if they work together. If at some point one of them breaks the others you can disable it to verify and then continue forward testing each plugins compatibility. I have sites with a lot more than ten plugins running. I re check everything when I install something new. As always make sure you have a backup when making changes.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

• PC

Hiya @missoulian

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You can try installing them one at a time and testing to see if they work together.

Joshua is spot on. We should never flood the website with plugins all at once. Install them one by one so that if there is any issue, you know which plugin caused it.

Backup should be taken after installing every plugin.

Also make sure that you host is optimized for WordPress and offers you good php memory limit.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC