Will Marketpress be supporting Apple Pay?

Will Marketpress be supporting Apple Pay?

It appears studies in the US show that consumers prefer using Apple Pay for mobile payments over PayPal.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2913952/mobile-payments/the-zen-of-apple-pay.html

Cheers,

Johnny

• Collin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag. I know this post is older and I believe you were correct. However, with the release of macOS Sierra last month ApplePay is now supported in Safari for online shopping. I don't think anyone in the WordPress e-commerce landscape is ApplePay compatible yet. So this would be freaking AMAZING if you guys would do this. I know that Stripe works with ApplePay. As for development details past that I don't know how it works. Thanks. Keep up posted if you would mind :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Collin!

I took a look at ApplePay official description and it seems that you are right, it's now possible to use that way of payment on the web (e.g. in online stores). Apparently, there are some limitations, such as e.g. quite a limited access on international market (it's not available in many countries) but at least it's there.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any docs for developers or any detailed guide on how it works and should be implemented but I suppose it's a matter of getting in touch with their support. From what I understood though, ApplePay doesn't seem to offer any "direct integration" but should be handled by the 3rd-party payment gateways. You are right about Stripe in this case - they say that they are supporting it already so this could probably be used to enable ApplePay in MarketPress as well.

That being said, I moved this entire thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum so other members of our community would be able to give it a vote. If it gets more attention from the members, our developers will consider adding it to the plugin in future.

Have a great day,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.