Will Membership 2 overwrite membership pro settings?

Hello,

I want to install membership 2 but I dont want to have to set up everything again that I already have with membership pro?

I mostly want to install Membersip 2 because I am hoping I can split up membership lists by type of membership - will this be possible? No one seems to have a solution for me for membership pro.

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Hope you're well?

M2 has an import script and should migrate your Membership pro plans and settings to M2. However, (as standard practice) you should always do a full backup of your Database before doing any updates, just in case anything does go wrong, you can then restore your DB to how it was before the update.

With regards to your other query regarding splitting the membership lists, can you elaborate on that a bit further so I can better understand what it is you're wanting to achieve?

Thanks

• whosjack
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes - so what I need is I have two membership levels and I only want one level to show in the listed members.
    So I have continuing and full membership - only full membership members should be listed in the members list.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Sorry for the delay on this.

Do you mean the membership list where you click the members link and it displays a list of members & their levels in the wp-admin? if so, then it is a bit different to membership pro. There are filters at the top so you can list members by their plans. See screenshot.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.