Will Multi-DB decrease CPU usage?

My hosting company Site5.com is giving me a problem about using too much CPU time. Will Multi-DB set up for 16 databases decrease my CPU usage? I currently have 291 subsites set up and could eventually grow to 1000+.

• aecnu

Greetings philesq,

My hosting company Site5.com is giving me a problem about using too much CPU time. Will Multi-DB set up for 16 databases decrease my CPU usage? I currently have 291 subsites set up and could eventually grow to 1000+.

Yes it will help with CPU usage to a limited degree. Right now with one database when someone accesses one of the web sites CPU time is required to parse through the entire database searching for the items that it needs to fill the php page requests.

When you employ Multi-DB it will spread the sites data throughout several databases making data seek time much less and therefore CPU time less to include being easier for the CPU to parse.

Another suggestion would be to use a caching program if you are not already employing one which will help with the PHP calls further cutting down on CPU time and power required to fulfill requests.

Have you tried the WP Super Cache plugin? That could definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.