Will Pro Sites Affect Existing Blogs?

Hopefully a quick question...

Will activating and configuring Pro Sites affect existing manually created sites?

I have manually set up a few sites on our network for partners, enabling various plugins and themes for each. I now plan to deploy multiple levels of paid Pro Sites. Will doing so limit functionality or access to features on the current sites?

Just wondering if I will need to notify the current users and quickly extend Pro Site levels (or make manual tweaks) for them to keep plugins, themes, quotas etc.

Thanks!

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there!

We're you able to sort your theme issue?

For Prosites and your existing sites, they will be affected. but there is an override for just such a situation. When you go into the settings, you can tick tick the box for Permanent and then select the most appropriate level for your partner's site. Sound cool?

Cheers,
    Paul

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

you can tick tick the box for Permanent

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of that.

I was just curious if upon activation, settings of any current sites would be affected. Sounds like that is indeed the case and I'll need to inform users of a brief downtime while I configure and extend Pro Site levels.

I'm still troubleshooting the themes issue on our dev site, and may contact you directly on that as offered. Thanks for asking.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.