Will ProSites V2 be a good fit...finally?

When I initially found WPMU, I downloaded and was prepared to use Pro Site (v1) for my new multisite network. After some frustration with PS and the process for which it created users/accounts, I had to move on to Paid Memberships Pro. It's been ok, but I missed a lot of the polish and features PS had offered.

I now see V2 is out and wanted to see if this would be a good time to shift back to my first love :slight_smile:

Overview:
Users come to my site and (through the signup form) signup for a site and account (both are created at the same time...no accounts are created without site). I do not offer free sites, but do give a 30-day free trial which they can cancel before the 30 days is up. At the time of site sign-up, they go through the payment process (billing and cc info) using Stripe.

#1: Will PS2 fit into this flow so far?
#2: Can I set the new accounts up with Editor permissions, rather than admin?
#3: Is the table easy to edit style-wise?
#4: Can I ask additional profile questions on signup?
#5: Is the user signing up ONLY given access to the one they are signing up for (creating)?

Details:
Currently, when an "site" is created, it "replicates" (using WP Replicate) a site I have designated as the master sub-site. For this site, I have a set of plugins and pages that are replicated at the time, as well.

#6: Does PS2 have a way of doing this (inherently or using another plugin)?

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bryan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In regards to the flow you've mentioned:

#1: Yes, so far.

#2: With a bit of custom code, yes we can!

add_action('wpmu_new_blog', 'wpmudev_new_blog_role', 300, 2);

function wpmudev_new_blog_role($blog_id, $user_id) {
    $default_role = 'editor';

switch_to_blog($blog_id);
    $user = new WP_User($user_id);
    $user->set_role($default_role);
    restore_current_blog();
    }

You'd want to insert that into your site as a mu-plugin. To do this, go to your /wp-content/ folder via FTP, and find the folder called "mu-plugins". If there is no folder with that name, then you'll want to create one. Then, create a file inside that folder, and give the file any name you like and paste the code in there.

You don't need to activate that plugin, as it will be always be automatically activated. Please be sure to add a PHP start tag at the beginning of the code if you insert this code as a mu-plugin, like this:

<?php

#3: That it is, or should I say, that they are! :slight_smile: (given that we offer both pricing & feature tables)

#4: Hmm... given that we'd be looking to force the signup page for Pro Sites (as you're only wanting folks to register sites), this one would require custom development presently.

#5: By default, they'd be given access to the main site as well (as that's where the Pro Sites subscription would be managed).

#6: This would be a case where our New Blog Templates plugin could be involved:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

With that, you can set your "master sub-site" as the "Default" template to be used when folks are signing up for sites on your networks.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.